Weird Facts about the Human Body
Howdy Folks, here are 15 Weird Facts about the Human Body that is meant to wow you on NG Newspapers.
15 Weird Facts about the Human Body
1. It’s possible for your body to survive without a surprisingly large fraction of its internal organs. Even if you lose your stomach, your spleen, 75% of your liver, 80% of your intestines, one kidney, one lung, and virtually every organ from your pelvic and groin area, you wouldn’t be very healthy, but you would live.
2. During your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools. Actually, Saliva is more important than you realize. If your saliva cannot dissolve something, you cannot taste it.
3. The largest cell in the human body is the female egg and the smallest is the male sperm. The egg is actually the only cell in the body that is visible by the n*k*d eye.
4. The strongest muscle in the human body is the tongue and the hardest bone is the jawbone.
5. The human feet have 52 bones, accounting for one quarter of all the human body’s bones.
6. Your body gives off enough heat in 30 minutes to bring half a gallon of water to a boil.13. Everyone has a unique smell, except for identical twins, who smell the same.19. Your nose can remember 50,000 different scents. But if you are a woman, you are a better smeller than men, and will remain a better smeller throughout your life.
7. The human brain cell can hold 5 times as much information as an encyclopedia.Your brain uses 20% of the oxygen that enters your bloodstream, and is itself made up of 80% water. Though it interprets pain signals from the rest of the body, the brain itself cannot feel pain.
8. The tooth is the only part of the human body that can’t repair itself.
9. Your eyes are always the same size from birth but your nose and ears never stop growing.
10. By 60 years of age, 60% of men and 40% of women will snore.
11. About 32 million bacteria call every inch of your skin home. But don’t worry, a majority of these are harmless or even helpful bacteria.
12. The colder the room you sleep in, the higher the chances are that you’ll have a bad dream.
13. Three hundred million cells die in the human body every minute.
14. It takes 17 muscles to smile and 43 to frown.
15. Your ears secrete more earwax when you are afraid than when you aren’t.
NG Newspapers Free Email Subscription
Category: Health News in Nigeria